Thursday, October 6, 2011

Blast From The Past

So I was trying to think of something to blog about, but I couldn't. Instead, I am going to copy and paste something I wrote in April 2007:

Hello all my friends
I am wearing pants right now
you're very welcome

If you were not aware, the above phrase is a haiku. A Haiku is a sort of poem in which the first line has 5 syllables, the second has 7, and the last once again 5. I love haiku's. They are short, and to the point. I wonder who's idea it was though. I mean was some guy just sitting there thinking "I really want to write a poem, but I don't feel like writing more than 3 lines. Maybe every line should have 5 syllables in it....no, variety is the spice of life...the second will have 7! hahahaha! I am a genius!" I really don't get it.

I also like limericks. Did you know that 85% of limericks made up on the spot contain "Nantucket"? Probably not, because I just made that figure up. Were limericks invented in Nantucket? Is that the reason half of all limericks have it in there? I can only think of a few things that even rhyme with it. This poor man from Nantucket always is holding a bucket of some sort, or screaming obscenities.

Enough about poetry. Other things I don't understand. How can people claim that no two snowflakes are alike? How can they be so sure? Have they seen every single snowflake that has ever existed? I don't think they have.

I have a theory. This theory is that if you want to become famous, you either have to die young, or go completley insane by the end of your life. Think about it. That is why so many actors and actresses are scientologists nowadays, because they don't want to die.

I also think that the breaking a mirror is bad luck thing was made up by an angry mom. I bet it all went down like this. Some kid was being reckless and broke his moms mirror. Maybe he even did this more than once. His mom got pissed off and told him that for every mirror he broke it was 7 years of bad luck. He then told all his friends.

The other day I was driving along and I passed this old man. He was all alone in the car, and he was just smiling really big. This led me to realize most people look pissed off when they drive. Pissed off or totally blank. This old man got me thinking how much I take for granted. He just looked so happy for the opportunity to drive a car. He looked like he was just happy that he was able to still have his drivers license. I'm probably totally wrong though. He was probably just senile.

I have a hard time sometimes thinking of things to type, so I'll hit shift, then not type anything. I'll often do this 5 times in a row, bringing up the sticky keys option.

This is the end guys
Have a great day or evening
I rock at haiku

That was it. I must've been pretty tired when I wrote that. Oh, and another thing. Read Melissa's blog. It is pretty awesome: http://melissamayberry.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment