Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Strategy

 I kinda wanna see how often I can write on my blog this year. That might mean that I'll need to add some structure as to what I post, so loyal fan base, stay tuned for that.

I'll leave you tonight with a small thought. I think that if I had to pick one object to describe our culture today, it would be a strategy guide. As a nation in the past decade or so we have all become obsessed with video games. We also are apparently too lazy to figure any of that junk out by ourselves. It's pretty generous to call it a "strategy guide" too. Strategy implies that some thinking is required. There really is only one strategy these things guide you to: Cheat. The next time you get caught cheating try telling your teacher "No, this isn't a cheat sheet, it is my test strategy guide!" Here's a scenario I could see happening: "Mr President, what is your strategy for dealing with China?" "Where is my strategy guide." "Right here sir" "What is this? Where is the detailed, step-by-step instructions on what to do? All that I see in this book are tips and suggestions and information about Chinese culture! Worthless!"

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment