Sunday, June 5, 2011

Piggies!

They say that creativity is dead, but I disagree. While it may be true that we are running out of new and original ideas for TV, there is still a lot of creativity going on. Case and point: right now I am watching a show about pigs. An entire show about wild hogs. And the mind blowing thing is, it has my attention. That takes some mad creativity. I mean whenever I hear the premise of some of these shows I scoff at them, but then they come on and I'll be darned if they aren't entertaining. I mean there are multiple shows out there about Pawn shops. TV shows about people doing their jobs. Fishing, repo, driving trucks. TLC has based their programming block around midgets doing everything imaginable. They all sound so ridiculous and boring, but somehow, through the miracle of man's ingenuity, they make these things intense. That in itself is worthy of some sort of praise. I, for one, am excited to see in the future, a tense reality show about the drama of working fast food.

No comments:

Post a Comment