Wednesday, June 15, 2011

This Post is Magical

Now that I know that my blog is visited by literally tens of people, some may say that I should up my game, produce material of quality, and make my followers happy. Instead, here is a post about Harry Potter.



JK Rowling is a genius. I mean really. She wrote a book about wizards. Wizards who practice magic. It is the magic part that blows me away. I mean, it is SO easy! Oh no! Harry is in danger! How will he escape this time? MAGIC! I mean, it isn't even an original concept. Parents have been using this to explain things they don't understand for years. "How does the TV work?" "Uh... Magic!" JK Rowling just took it to the next level.

I say this because just this week we watched the 7th Harry Potter movie. I had one problem with that. There is a scene in that movie where Harry, Hermione, and Ron all infiltrate the Ministry of Magic to find one of the Horcruxes. They do it by drinking a polyjuice potion, which allows them to temporarily transform into anyone whose hair they happen to have, so they abduct several ministry officials and enter the Ministry. Now, the Ministry is essentially the Pentagon of the magic world, yet they slip in unnoticed and just walk into several very important people's offices. Now, keep in mind that these are the good characters. They were able to break into one of the most important establishments in the "magical world" using a potion that Hermione has been making since she was 12 years old. What? I can't even begin to think of the implications of that. Apparently everyone in the wizarding community goes by the honor code when it comes to important government buildings because even with all the magic of the Harry Potter Universe, they have NO security measures.You'd think that being able to do ANYTHING using the deus ex machina of magic, Rowling could have added something to protect the government. I mean you get into the place by flushing yourself down the toilet. They better hope no unsuspecting person accidentally flushes himself down and finds himself in the middle of the ministry quite literally with his pants down.

1 comment:

  1. I don't want to go ANYWHERE if the path there involves flushing and/or a toilet!!

    Laura Peters

    ReplyDelete