Sunday, November 20, 2011

Cold Turkey

Sunday night is the worst. The anticipation of Monday morning is enough to make me want to cry. The weekend is such a wonderful time for me, and jumping back into the grind is just about as enjoyable as jumping into an enormous grinder. Maybe that is why the call it the grind. As I sit here and type, my parents are in the room watching a Hallmark Channel Original Christmas Movie. I am pretty sure that these movies are all based on Hallmark Christmas cards, and written by the same people. I have never seen hokier movies in my life. The "stars" they get to be in these movies are the ones that even Lifetime thought were too "has been" to be in their movies. Some of them are really kind of funny, if you watch them in the right mood and with the right people.

I am really starting to get irritated by all the people who are freaking out about Christmas Decorations "BEFORE THANKSGIVING!" Thanksgiving is a great holiday, don't get me wrong, but how much is Christmas taking away from Thanksgiving really? Is the Christmas tree at the mall in the way of the Thanksgiving tree you were gonna put up? Are you not getting the chance to sing all those Thanksgiving Carols that you love so much?
WHEN DO I GET A CHANCE TO SHOW OFF MY
"GOBBLE 'TIL YOU WOBBLE" TURKEY!?

Sometimes I do get irritated at the earliness of all the Christmasness, but I really don't understand the "OMG WHAT HAPPENED TO THANKSGIVING GUIZE!?" mentality. It is still there. I still eat so much that I am in a food induced coma for the rest of the day. I still freak out over the pies that my mom always makes (which are the best in the world), and I still am thankful for my life. Thanksgiving doesn't want to be more than that.

I am really excited for the Christmas season though, because there are so many terrible, terrible Christmas Songs to make fun of. I might write up a 12 days of terrible Christmas music extravaganza for my blog. We'll see.

1 comment: