Thursday, November 24, 2011

Giving Thanks.

My dear American readers, Happy Thanksgiving. To my non-American readers, happy Thursday. Today is a day where I get to list for you all the reasons my life is awesome. And it is awesome. Incredibly awesome. There is no way I could have done anything good enough to deserve the life I have, so you are gonna have to get ready for some thanksgiving. There is going to be a lot. And it is going to be SAPPY.

First I have to mention my family. I love my family so much. Today at dinner we had 21 people at our house. That is because my parents invited pretty much everyone at Church to come. How incredible are they? Their example is a little intimidating for me. My brothers and sister are my best friends. They are always there for me, and they are just tons of fun to be around. My mom also makes the best pies in the world, but more on that later. I have also been blessed to be in the same family as Nathan. I really can't begin to describe what that means to me. How much it has shaped who I am. How lucky I am to be in a family that sees his eternal potential and helps me to see it too. How much joy his smile brings into my life. My family is also HILARIOUS. Those who know me know that laughter is very important to me, and I get that from my family. All of my happiness is somehow connected to these people, and I love them to death.

As if my family didn't give me enough love, I also happen to have the best friends that a guy could possibly ask for. They bend over backwards for me. They help me when I need it. I always have someone to talk to. When I get together with my friends we don't stop laughing. They are all geniuses in their own right. I don't know how I have found so many people that are willing to put up with my quirks. Wherever I go I find these people. They are extraordinary human beings, every one, and I love them. Thank you all. I am so lucky.

I am grateful for my mission and everything I learned there. It has been over 2 years now, but there has not been a day that has gone by that I haven't thought about that place, and missed it like crazy. This gospel is everything. I know that it is because God loves me that my life is so great, and it is because of Jesus Christ that I don't have to suffer for all of the stupid stuff I have done over the years.

One thing today especially I am grateful for is my Mom's pies. I wish I could give the entire world a slice of Mom's pie, because I swear their goodness would stop all the hatred and violence and evil. If they condensed joy into a solid form and sliced it up, it would taste exactly like these pies. I'm serious. They are that good. I ate way too much of them, and I still want more.

How awesome is my life? I haven't even mentioned the great school and quality education I get, my running vehicle, my job, my entertainment, my country, my health, I could go on forever. I also took a fantastic turkey nap this afternoon. I really have no room in my life to complain.

Each and every one of you fall into one of the first 2 categories, and as such are deserving of the highest praise. I love you. Thank you. You are an incredible human being, and if anyone tells you different, point them my way and I will be happy to prove them wrong for you. Have the happiest of holidays, you deserve it. Thank you.

1 comment: