Sunday, December 4, 2011

Day 4

Who here likes extremely spoiled and demanding people? Anyone? What if they talked in a whiney, pouty voice? No? Well then I can think of no good reason for this song to exist.

“It’s a joke!” cry all the people that always disagree with me in my head. It’s a joke in the way that that one kid at school scraping his nails across the chalkboard at school is a joke. “It’s really funny though! She asks for really expensive things like a yacht, a car, a platinum mine! HAHAHA!” I remember when I was six I thought that the absolutely most ludicrous and out there option was always the funniest. It wasn’t. This song sounds like a whole bunch of six year old me’s arguing over who asked for the best thing for Christmas. They aren’t that clever, and they make the singer of the song sound even more spoiled, stupid, and deserving of our ire and passionate hatred. The singer's reasoning for all this stuff is how good she has been all year, but unless she saved the world from an enormous flaming meteor hurtling towards Earth by shooting all the cancer in the world at it, obliterating both in an explosion so beautiful that everyone who saw it lost the desire to fight or be greedy, bringing about world peace, she is asking for too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment