Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Day 7

This next song wasn't on the original list. My parents introduced it to me:


I wasn't going to add it to the list after the initial hearing, but fate, it seems, wanted this one on the list. The next day I heard it twice, and I couldn't escape how ridiculous this song really was. And is. First, the incredibly obvious. I know that it is a terrible stereotype that all Irishmen are drunks, but this guy is not helping to convince anyone of that fact. I actually strained to try and understand the words he sings, but, except for a few words here and there, he is totally incomprehensible. And his voice keeps cracking. Intentionally. Is he yodeling? Why? Now I will turn to the one phrase I actually understand (Possibly because it is also the title of the song) "Then a snowflake fell and it felt like a kiss, now I'm ok!" What? This is wrong on so many levels. If the person you are kissing is alive, their lips are generally warm. You know, because of the blood circulation and such. Snow is the opposite of that. It is ICE COLD. But in his mind, he imagines it as a kiss, and suddenly he breaks from his depression! He's ok! If that is all it takes to break your depression, you are not depressed. You are the opposite.

"Aww, look a graveyard. That's sad. I'm sad. But wait! This snow is delightful! What a great day!"

What a silly song.

No comments:

Post a Comment