Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Day 6

Now this is not a terrible song. It is on the list because it is not a Christmas song at all.

This one might be Oprah’s fault. She always had that “Favorite Things” special at Christmas. Other than that I don’t understand how this happened. I guess someone was watching “The Sound of Music” and heard the word “Snowflakes.” That’s the best I can come up with. I guess it talks about winter and packages and says sleigh bells too. There must be a rule that if a song mentions more than 3 “seasonal” words, it is automatically added to the Christmas canon. If you watch really closely in the movie, you might be able to notice that the song is sung during a rainstorm in the middle of summer. These are the facts guys, I don’t make them up. In fact the Von Trap family spends most of their Christmas season running and hiding from Nazis. Definitely not one of their favorite things.

No comments:

Post a Comment